The proposals seek to transform 3,544sq m of existing poor public realm and public highways and create 304 sq m of new public amenity.
One Chapel Place’s reimagined public realm will provide a new highly crafted and beautiful backdrop to the Grade I Listed Church, removing street clutter and creating much needed green landscaped respite space moments from Oxford Street. A fully accessible public roof terrace will allow residents and visitors alike further respite and commanding views over Regents Park.
Development of the detailed public realm design will be progressed in conjunction with the Highways and Public Realm teams within Westminster City Council. It is expected that the highways works would be designed and delivered under a section 278 agreement of the Highways Act 1980 and the obligations set out in the Section 106 agreement.
Delivers Chapel Passage as a destination
– New views of the Harley
– Street Conservation Area and Regent’s Park
– Enhanced greenery and biodiversity
– 304sqm of new public space, completely free to access
– Kiosk serving hot / cold drinks and snacks
– Visitor toilets provided
– On site security provided during opening hours
– Seating and landscaped gardens for the public to enjoy